Frontend Engineer (w/m/d)
Academic writing should be a collaborative experience with modern technologies and workflows instead of formatting and expensive publication processes. We aim to provide a great user experience for academic writers and out of the box publishing workflows that enable any institution to publish their research without paywalls or expensive publishing processes.
As a frontend engineer in our small team you will be working directly with the CTO and two more developers. What you build will help students and researchers write their research and publish it without technical hurdles.
Start date: June 2021, 20-30h
- Work with the team and the founders to build new features of our web application and publishing components
- Participate in user experience discussions and reviews
- Interact with our GraphQL APIs
- Interest in scholarly publishing.
- You care about how software feels to the users when it is used.
- You are happy to take ownership of a task and see it through (be it that we are quite distributed as a team - with COVID-19 and all). Being able to manage your own time is important.
- The position starts at 20-30h/week to support a new open source publishing project funded by the German Ministry for Research and Education. We’re happy to talk about more hours/week if the project goes well.
100% remote & office possible
Our team is partly remote, meaning that all processes work without meeting at the office every day (we still love to meet with the entire team from time to time).
We have all learned how to live with homeschooling kids while still working - sometimes at different hours to make everything work. If that’s something that appeals to you, you might be a fit.
Learn to work with the latest technologies
Working with us, you will use some of the latest (stable) web technologies like:
We are always happy to share our knowledge and looking forward to learning from you as well.
Shape the future of academic publishing
We pride ourselves with being at the forefront of a new movement that democratizes scholarly publishing by combining user experience, latest technologies and insights from research institutions and publishers. Move the needle - together.
Carsten and Frederik started SciFlow in 2016 to make it easier to write academic papers or assignments as a group; making formatting of references, figures or the document layout something a user should not have to think about. We have customers in most prestigious research institutes in Germany, and we are striving every day to make their job - research - easier.
SciFlow is a Berlin based (and remote) startup. Our company is solidly financed by private (not VC) and public money.
To get a better idea, hop over to SciFlow and get a free account - and don’t be shy to let us know what you think.
Apply to this role
To apply to this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (German and English are both fine) including:
- Your full name and phone number
- Your resume (we would ask not to include a photo)
- Links or information on any achievements/projects you would like to share (and your role in the project).